Victim Compensation

Battlefords Victim Services can connect you to programs to help you cope with what has happened, including the Victims Compensation Program.

How can Victims Compensation help me?

The Victim Compensation program can provide payment for reasonable expenses resulting from a violent crime. While compensation may not address all of your concerns as a victim, it may help you recover some of the expenses related to the crime. Expenses resulting from property crimes are not covered by Victims Compensation.

How do I apply?

If you have been the victim of a violent crime, you must report the crime to the police.

To obtain a Victims Compensation Application form and for help completing it, contact your nearest Victim Services office. Applications can be made up to two years after the date of the crime. Victims of historical sexual assault may not be ready to report to police for a number of years. In these cases, victims may apply for compensation within two years after the report was made to police.

Please contact Battlefords Victim Services at the Battlefords RCMP Detachment at 1052 101st Street North Battleford or call the office at (306) 446-1550 during office hours.